So I am in a paper piecing swap on Cafemom in a really awesome scrappy group! Great group of ladies, FABULOUSLY talented! Here is the last of what I made for the swap (pp had the ballerina and the clouds I did as well) I used my Slice to cut out the train bases and just a little creativity for the rest! Hope you guys like it!
This is a picture that my daughter took of Noah..it's how I feel right now! I have just not been with it!! I am trying to get my junk together and I have no mojo. I haven't scrapped in days except putting the rest of my ballerinas together. My clouds still need pearls, and I have challenges to get done before the end of the month! I did however get all of Noah's birthday invites put together. Will post a picture when I take it which will be like tomorrow since I need to mail them Monday. So on top of it all I am planning this birthday party! UGH....take a breathe...George has drill this weekend. The gramps want us to come over tomorrow so we are headed up there. Emma is excited to see their new puppy! I will bring camera and take pictures. It should be a fun time. Still have to do the grocery shopping for the week, get to the PO Thursday. Finish the laundry. Too much for one day. NUTS! So I will catch up with everything soon and revamp my blog to something better lol. Hugs to everyone!
PAPER PIECING...like my new fave to do! LOVE it...this ballerina wasnt done until I put the tull layer on the very bottom. Now they are perfect! I got sunshine, on a CLOUDY day! I thought the clouds I made came out so RAWKIN!! Gesso you know me LO lol...it was a cute challenge that turned out FAB! Gesso is one of my new favorite mediums, really back from the grave because I used to use it all the time! No its not wine, but juice! She wanted to be like Mommy and Aunty Angela! I have not posted anything I have scrapped lately! So here is some stuffs I have been nimbley working on.
Sure! Why the h-e-double hockey sticks *wink wink Jill-that ones for you* not! Now what to make my 5's this week lol...hmm
1. Staying awake till all hours of the night...I have been having some god awful nightmares this week...it must be these whackado hormones...so sleepng is over rated for the time being!
2. PAPER PIECING...I have become addicted. So much in fact that I am paper piecing 25 Noah's Ark birthday invitations together all drawn and cut out by hand by me. Ok with the exception that my sister helped me cut out some of the boats today...thank you for that!
3. Noah's new set of teeth. this has made it to the list because he looks so damn cute it makes me want to puke! He has these little pearlys popping through and he looks like a complete goof ball! I have to take a pic and show you what I mean!
4. Wine...enough said :O)
5. Sharpy pens...they dont run, they dont bleed, and I love them. they RULE! And Beckham (sp?) is NOT bad to look at either!
You are my BIGGEST by far, inspiration. Your scrapping techniques and charm and CRAZINESS have made me the better scrapper I am today. I would miss your quarky, funny, insane titles for post of CM if you ever dared to stop making them, and you always get my gears turning! Now, I meant to add all this to my other post but got side tracked about 15 times in the course of 2 hours of typing that damn post. So here is my ode to Jilly bean...and I bet she hates that I call her that...Love ya chickadee and all your whackyness!
Well really Jill! For giving me this blog award ^^^
So the rules of this award are to post 7 other bloggers I adore and then post 7 things that no one knows about me.
And the list is(in no particular order):
1. Beate- Scraps and Stuff Beate, wine drinking, Twitting, scrapping, picture junkie! What can I say? Our friendship has come a LONG way and you have made a huge impression on me. From the start of Artistic it's been amazing, and you have made me a better scrapper. And you are a great friend :O).
2. Kristy- My Corner of the Studio Kristy, you are one of the most amazing scrappers I have ever seen! You are so creative and will just use materials in the most amazing ways. Creative really isn't even a good enough word! You're incredible!
3. Lizzie- Lizzie's Blog Oh Lizzie, we don't know each other super well, but our friendship is growing! You are crazy and fun and spunky and I LOVE it!! I love your style of punk meets shabby. Your crafting is also to the extreme and it's FANTABULOUS!! Hehe, you RAWK! :O)
4. Tracey- Scrappin' Trackside Tracey...fellow wine drinker/Twittering fool! Scrapping guru of the Nascar fans...you are hilarious! I need a laugh, I look for you. Funny, and quarky, oh just damn silly! You are inspirational with some of your out of the ordinary techniques and your insane ways. You crack me up!
5. Adina- According to Jane Austen Adina, Adina, Adina, I wanted to give you this award and I realized I wasn't even following your blog! How that happened I do not know. So it's more of an awesome person award for you lol but I posted your blog too. Anywho, you are awesome! there I summed it all up! I love just about everything about you! Crazy buzzed ramblings and all!
6. Celina- Celina's Life Celina, your blog is always so inspiring with all of the projects you post! I love seeing the pictures of your family and reading all about them. It's great how open you are and sharing your scrapping addiction with your fellow bloggers!
7. Shemaine- Scraptastic! Shemaine, your creativity blows me away! You are sweet and funny and always good to go to for motivation! I love your blog and I get excited when I see new posts from you, just to see what you made next!
Ok and now for the 7 things you guys don't know about me...this could be tough.
1. I am terrified of the dark. I have to sleep with the tv on, I think something is going to reach over the edge of the bed and grab my feet if I fall asleep in the dark. I can't go into our basement at night because it freaks me out so bad I feel like I am going to hiperventilate. I am trying to get over this fear (it's not working out well)
2. I LOVE COWS! I have a HUGE collection from way back when, that is still growing. My newest additions have been Cows On Parade and 2 absolutely AWESOME cow handle ice cream scoops! One is mini and one regular sized and they are the CUTEST things I have ever seen. My sister Rosie is especially keen on feeding my addiction. You would never know this unless you have been to my house. I even have a cow cookie jar from my sister Angela, it moos when you open it :O)
3. I have a shoe fetish. Mainly for flip flops. I CAN NOT get enough. I have to force myself to walk past the shoe aisles in stores because I would stock up on pointless pairs just because I love them so! I LOVE Converse sneakers. I have flat feet and Converse and flip flops just fit me really well and don't hurt my feet like other shoes can. It's a passion really!
4. I loath dirty socks and feet. It is one of my biggest pet peeves. I will change my socks (well, I only wear them in the winter and oly because I have to) as many times a day as I have to to keep them spotless white. I throw away socks that will not come white with all my attempts because I won't wear them or put them on my kids. If it's stained, it's garbage! PERIOD. I can't help it, it's just the way I am. And as for dirty feet, if mine get dirty, I wash them alm ost immediately, and if the kids feet are dirty they get washed as long as they aren't running around outside, I am not unreasonable but there will NOT be dirty feet in the house! Gross!!
5. I have a really hard time getting rid of blankets. I just really love blankets and have piles of them in our bedroom. PILES. It's awful, I need to get rid of a whole bunch. I just got 2 more from someone of Freecycle, I should not have taken them but I couldn't help myself! They were just so soft and cute! When I do actually get rid of one, I think about it for a long time after and then I want it back. This could very well be linked to my childhood love for a blanket that I no longer have. I sucked on it and dragged it everywhere. It was about 150 years old (seriously) but I loved it. It fell to pieces and I wish I still had just one little piece of it.
6. I love food. Which explains why I am such a fatty. When I was 4 I told my mom I wanted to live in a grocery store to be closer to the food. What's my favorite? Thanksgiving. Yes, the holiday, because it's all my favorite food in one day. From breakfast that morning to dinner and dessert that night. Everything inbetween and all the trimmings. I just LOVE FOOD!
7. I like to dress up Emma like a doll. I will change her clothes 5 times a day just to see outfits on her. Granted she pees her pants alot and I have to change her anyways, but I secretly don't mind. It's stupid and hipocritical because I hate the amount of laundry I have to do but on the other hand Emma gets to wear tons of really cute clothes!
So to end my super long ass post...have a great day guys!
Over at Let's Scrap! The sketch is AWESOME! I loved how the LO just came out so easily! I had a few people ask about the hearts in the lower right corner of the LO. It was really simple, all I did was stamped 1 heart in country red and then over lapped the same stamp but in country blue. I used my zig glue pen to slightly trace the stamp and then glittered with white and blue glitter (white over the blue heart, blue over the red heart) It came out totally FAB!
So everyone have a WONDERFUL 4th of July weekend! We are busy over here with beach, fireworks, and picnics! Hope everyone has a safe and fun holiday and PRAY FOR NO RAIN!!
I love to be a SAHM, and scrapbooker! I love to do arts of all kinds, whether it be scrapping or painting- sculpting or drawing. I love to read about all kinds of different things, nothing specifically. I am quirky and very fun, crazy and dorky! Married to an amazing man, who loves me to death! My two kids are AMAZING and mean more than the world to me, they are my source of inspiration for most of my scraping projects :O)