Sunday, July 3, 2011

CAS Stars and Stripes!

The new CAS challenge at the Outlawz is use stars or stripes in any way, shape or form, color or theme! I went with a classic red, white and blue combo and masked using my Slice to cut star diecuts from cardstock and inked up a cotton ball to spread the ink! I think it looks wicked cool!! I also added the pearls for the white star because you really can't see the white ink against the white cardstock, no matter how I took the photo. I am glad I did though because it added the perfect touch of embellies to this one layer card!


This is a thank you card for the amazing soldiers who have risked their lives, lost their lives, given their entire selves to create a peace for this country and all of us who live here! Please have a wonderful, safe 4th of July weekend everyone!!

5 comments:

  1. What an amazing technique!! I love how this looks and was actually just thinking of cutting some flourishes with my cricut to use as masks for sprays. You've convinced me!! This IS "wicked cool"!!
    xx
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so neat Amy!!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very cool Amy!! I love your cotton ball technique. I also love the added pearl star in white. And of course that fabulous sentiment. Love it, Bren

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovin the cotton ball technique!! and the pearl star- and the LO- love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and awesome technique! Hugz, Colleen

    ReplyDelete